There are certain things in life that just make sense – pancakes are better with syrup, cheese is in its best form when accompanied by macaroni, two scoops is better than one and, my favorite, making treats is better with friends and family especially during the fast approaching holiday season.
With this I bring you The Baking Party – a gathering in which you…wait for it…bake!
Here’s what you need to do to make your very own baking party:
1. Stock up on supplies, for this I head over to my local Sam’s Club because they’ve got the best selection and prices on the bulk items I’ll be using.
I like to set up at my dining table because I can fit a ton of people around it, people can sit and it gets everyone out of the kitchen.
2. Line your table with craft paper, it catches all of your spills and you can write your recipes for your guests directly on the table!
3. Layout all of your supplies – for this I always advise using containers at different heights – it adds real depth to your table.
4. No one wants to leave a party a mess and I’ve never met any piece of material that I didn’t want to monogram so I present to you the personalized apron for each of your guest. You can monogram these bad boys with a paint pen or stick on letters.
5. Treat your table as you would if you were having a dinner party – make it pretty – light candles!
6. Get cooking! This particular party we made brownies using my family brownie recipe:
2 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
½ teaspoon of salt
1 ½ cups of butter
Cook at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (more or less depending on how “fudgy” you like your treats!
7. Garnish! I garnished my brownies with crushed candy canes, but you can add anything here – powdered sugar, caramel, sprinkles (or you can just eat those directly from the jar – I mean- it’s your Bake Party).
8. And finally, you’ll need to provide your guests with a way to take their treats home that doesn’t deplete your tupperware supply. I love sack lunch paper bags because who doesn’t love feeling like a kid again – I decorated mine with the left over stickers that I used to monogram my aprons.
So go ahead – get baking – and do so while enjoying your friends and family!
Disclosure: I am a paid endorser for Sam’s Club.