What scent are you wearing? Uh…Vodka?
I am always looking for ‘activities’ for events. Unfortunately party activities are only thought to be applicable to children’s parties and basically boil down to a choice between a bouncy house or a clown. Needless to say I have yet to find an event where either of those would be a strong choice. In fact, I spend more time coming up with ways to entertain adults at parties than Congress does balancing the budget. However, unlike Congress, I actually come to a conclusion, here is one I just did for a girl power party that was slam dunk….Make Your Own Perfume Bar! It is a simple set up and the base for perfume is also what makes the perfume bar so fun…wait for it…VODKA. Smell good and get tipsy…show me a bouncy house that can do that!
What you’ll need:
Create Your Perfume:
1. Add the jojoba oil or sweet almond oil to the bottle.
2. Add the essential oils.
3. Add 2-1/2 ounces of alcohol.
4. Shake the bottle for a couple of minutes then let it sit for 48 hours to 6 weeks. The scent will change over time, becoming strongest around 6 weeks.
5. When the scent is where you want it to be, add 2 tablespoons of spring water to the perfume. Shake the bottle to mix the perfume, then filter it through a coffee filter and pour it into its final bottle. Ideally, this will be a dark bottle with minimal airspace, since light and exposure to air degrade many essential oils.
6. You can pour a little perfume into a decorative bottle, but in general, store your perfume in a dark sealed bottle, away from heat and light.
7. Label that puppy! It’s a good idea to record how you made the perfume, in case you want to make it and again and again!